The practice is a long established one in Hobart having served the local community from this site since 1946 when it was first started by Dr Paul Clarke. Dr McLaren Thomson joined him after WW2.
Initially there was a small sandstone cottage in Sandy Bay Road, just outside the door into the McDonald’s car park. Then the current building was added to this. The original building was lost to the practice and eventually demolished to make way for McDonalds in 1996.
The goal of the doctors and staff of Sandy Bay Clinic is to provide:
- The best medical care for patients incorporating best practice principals, up to date knowledge and technological advances.
- The best service for patients through awareness of individual health and social requirements, respect for the patients as people and confidentiality for any information gained.
- The best working conditions and an adequate return for their labours for doctors and staff through mutual respect and awareness individually of personal and social requirements.
Our aim is to give our patients the highest possible quality of care, by ensuring excellence in all aspects of our practice. We endeavour to provide patients with the best and most current treatments, methods, materials and equipment within our resource capabilities to ensure that the patients receive the high quality of service they have come to expect. We believe that patients come first. Teamwork is highly valued and encouraged within the Practice to promote a harmonious and productive environment. We hold great importance in ethical and responsible behaviour as essential to maintaining the trust and loyalty of our patients and staff.